Zapier operates on a workflow of Triggers, Searches, and Actions, between Applications (Apps). Please note that with the free (trial) Zapier account, you will be limited to 2 step Zaps. (AerisWeather has created a few combined Trigger/Search functions to allow you to trial on a free account.)
To help you navigate the Zapier platform, below are a few common terms you will need to know.
- Applications (Apps): Individual company software or product pieces that are used as a Trigger, Search, or Action to perform a piece of a task or workflow.
- Zap: A complete task or workflow, consisting of a Trigger, Search, and Action between 2 or more Apps. AerisWeather provides prebuilt Zaps to allow you to quickly integrate or trial popular tasks.
- Triggers: What will start your workflow? This could be a certain time of day, new account created in your CRM system, or a weather alert for an area of concern for you and your company.
- Searches: After the workflow is triggered, what information is needed? The current temperature, weather alerts, or gathering forecasted precipitation amounts.
- Actions: Now that you have the information you need, what needs to be done? This can be sending an email alert, updating a meeting record in your CRM, or adding the information to an aggregating spreadsheet.
Last modified: February 26, 2020