...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 10 AM EST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills and strong winds expected. Wind chills dropping to between 25 to 35 below zero. Northwest wind gusts between 35 and 55 mph, with the highest wind gusts in hilly terrain.
* WHERE...Northern Connecticut, all of Rhode Island excluding Block Island, and the Connecticut Valley, southeast Massachusetts and Cape Cod.
* WHEN...From 10 AM this morning to 10 AM EST Saturday. The lowest wind chills will occur tonight into mid-morning Saturday.
* IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Northwest wind gusts between 35 and 55 mph today and tonight. Winds this strong may lead to isolated power outages, particularly in hilly terrain.
Avoid outside activities if possible. When outside, make sure you wear appropriate clothing, a hat, and gloves.