...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of southwest Missouri, including the following counties, Barry, Barton, Christian, Dade, Greene, Jasper, Lawrence, Stone and Taney.
* WHEN...Until 300 PM CDT Sunday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... - At 300 AM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms that moved through Saturday evening into early this morning. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the warned area. Between 1 and 5 inches of rain have fallen. - Some locations that will experience flooding include... Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Republic, Carthage, Branson, Monett, Aurora, Battlefield, Mount Vernon, Lamar, Cassville, Kimberling City, Forsyth, Greenfield, Highlandville, Willard, Hollister, Rogersville, Silver Dollar City, Oronogo, Marionville, Clever, Merriam Woods, Sparta, Ash Grove, Crane, Sarcoxie, Pierce City, Purdy, Billings, Lockwood, Jasper, Reeds Spring, Seligman, Rockaway Beach, Exeter, Golden City, Miller and Wheaton. - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Many flood deaths occur in vehicles.