...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Strong northwest winds, sustained as high as 30 to 40 mph with peak gusts of at least 50 MPH likely, and potentially damaging gusts around 60 MPH possible.
* WHERE...Portions of north central Kansas and east central and south central Nebraska, along and south of Interstate 80.
* WHEN...From 3 PM this afternoon to 10 PM CST this evening.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Areas of blowing dust are likely within at least portions of the Warning area, perhaps reducing visibility to less than 1 mile. The most intense winds will likely last 2 to 4 hours in most locations, immediately along and behind a powerful cold front. Potentially damaging winds will start and end within the Warning area at different times, and not occur for the entire duration of the Warning.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.