...Red Flag Warning for portions of Southeast Texas, Central and Southern Louisiana this afternoon and early evening...
Dewpoints will will continue to range from the lower 50s to the lower 60s this afternoon, yielding RH values in the 25-30% range. This, combined with easterly winds of 8-12 MPH gusting to 20 MPH will produce conditions favorable for wildfire initiation and rapid expansion.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY AND DRY FUELS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS, CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN LOUISIANA...
* AFFECTED AREA...Vernon, Rapides, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Allen, Evangeline, St. Landry, Lafayette, Upper St. Martin, Northern Calcasieu, Northern Jefferson Davis, Northern Acadia, Southern Calcasieu, Southern Jefferson Davis, Southern Acadia, Northern Jasper, Northern Newton, Southern Jasper, Southern Newton, Northern Orange and Southern Orange.
* TIMING...1000 AM CDT until 800 PM CDT on Monday.
* WINDS...East 5 to 10 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 26 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...Mid 90s.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended and or prohibited in some areas. Please check burn ban laws in your County or Parish.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.