...COASTAL FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...One to two feet of inundation above ground level possible in low lying areas due to tidal flooding.
* WHERE...Shoreline in the District of Columbia, Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria.
* WHEN...From Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.
* IMPACTS...Flooding is expected at the DC seafood market and in buildings in Old Town Alexandria, and in portions of East Potomac Park. Water is expected to cover the boardwalk at Washington Harbour.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Tides two and a half to three feet above normal.
If travel is required, allow extra time as some roads may be closed. Do not drive around barricades or through water of unknown depth. Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone property.